Exporting out animation with a transparent BG...

Please use this function to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."

kbakonyi
Posts: 3
Joined: 19 May 2009, 06:54

Exporting out animation with a transparent BG...

Hullo all, I'k new hither, so I'thou sorry if this question is answered elsewhere.

I've washed a run cycle in Idiot box pigment with no background. Information technology's colored and all, and I'm ready to export it. I desire to accept it into Adobe After Effects and combine information technology over a panning background there....

Is there a way to export out my animation with a transparent background so I tin merely driblet it into Afterward Effects every bit a layer on tiptop of my groundwork? I've tried a lot of unlike file formats only nothing seems to do it...

Oh, I'm using Telly Pigment eight.5 BTW.


User avatar

Peter Wassink
Posts: 4005
Joined: 17 Feb 2006, xv:38
Location: Amsterdam
Contact:

Re: Exporting out blitheness with a transparent BG...

Postal service past Peter Wassink » 19 May 2009, 07:34

In the export panel under Format you can choose to export your blitheness as a quicktime or as a targa sequence.
But brand sure that for Mode you cull RGBA (rgb + alpha) then the alpha channel will be included.

you lot likewise have to uncheck Background pick or else this will get exported yoo leaving no alpha transparency.

Past the way did you know you lot tin movement your groundwork besides in TVP using the keyframer?
all-time way to practice information technology is open the BG in a seperate project and utilise the return tab of the keyframer FX to import the BG on a new animlayer.
using the position tab of the keyframer FX you tin can animated the desired movements

Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Cadre - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@two.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM


kbakonyi
Posts: iii
Joined: xix May 2009, 06:54

Re: Exporting out animation with a transparent BG...

Mail past kbakonyi » nineteen May 2009, 08:26

Thanks! I'll try that out a bit later (heading to bed now) :)

And yeah, I know I can movement stuff around in Idiot box paint, simply because I'grand doing some slightly complicated compositing stuff, and I've got a borderline to meet, I desire to exercise it in AE for now (more than familiar with it)

Thanks again! :)


kbakonyi
Posts: iii
Joined: 19 May 2009, 06:54

Re: Exporting out animation with a transparent BG...

Mail service past kbakonyi » 20 May 2009, 03:48

Hey thank you Peter - I finally got to effort it out, and it worked like a charm! :)